Monday, August 24, 2009

What's for dinner

So I said I would share my Garlic Thai Chicken with all of you. The only way to do so without having you over is to share the recipe with all of you. So here it is:

2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
8 green onions, chopped
12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken
1 1/2 c. quick-cooking rice, cooked as directed on pkg.

In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and cayenne pepper. Set aside. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes and put in saucy mixture; toss lightly. Stir fry chicken and onions until chicken isn't pink. Serve hot on rice.

I usually will double or triple the recipe and I also add mushrooms and other various veggies. It all depends on how much chicken and veggies you add. The more you add the more of the recipe you will need. I would definitely double it right away even if you don’t add other ingredients. Here is the end result:


It has to be one of the best things I have ever made. Don’t forget if you like spice to throw in some extra cayenne or maybe an actual pepper or two. Have a happy and healthy one.

Labels: