Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 1

To sum up the first day I would have to say that it kicked my ass. My legs have not been this tired in a long time. The exercises consisted of a brief walk, running, squats, roller-skating (squats and jumping), some sort of arm workouts with the resistance band, boxing, more squats only with a different name, and ending off with more running. I think in total there was 16 sets of exercises with some of them doubling up. Here are some quick observations:

The Good: I feel like it was an actual workout. That is the one thing I wasn’t a huge fan of the Wii Fit was that it really didn’t feel like a true workout. I really didn’t feel a burn after it. With this I not only felt the burn after, I also felt it the next day. This was all on the easy setting of the system.

The Bad: The resistance band is pretty lame. It doesn’t offer anything near what I thought it would. I am guessing because the system is for all levels of skill and strength it is easier to ship it with the lowest. This just means I will have to go out and buy a new one for myself.

The Ugly: The response of the controls doesn’t seem 100% there all the time. Like with the boxing I swing pretty hard and it should break the target, but it just hits it. Also with roller-skating it doesn’t always register the jumps. Of course this may just be me doing something wrong. I will give it time and see if they respond better the more I play.

So far I give this system two thumbs up. I like it so far better than the Wii Fit though there are great things about the Wii Fit. The balance tests, the ability to weigh yourself, the games are more fun, and I like the stretching. With all that being said, I think Active gives you much more of a workout. Now I am off to start day 2.

Labels: